In 1938, Arnold and Nellie Hoveland started a funeral home in downtown Camrose, Alberta and called it Hoveland Funeral Home. Seeing the need for a new facility in 1964 Arnold and Nellie with their son James built the current structure on 48th Ave and Mount Pleasant Drive. The new funeral home includes a chapel which can seat up to 200 people and overflow seating for another 100. In 1977 the funeral home was named Mount Pleasant Chapel and was operated by Casey and Jan Kehoe until 2002. The Weber family purchased the funeral home in 2002 and called it Weber Funeral Home to combine with the Tofield Funeral Home. A reception room was added which allows for a funeral service and luncheon to be held in the same building.
In late 2009 the interior of this building was renovated to better suit the needs of the families we serve. The reception room was expanded to allow seating for up to 150 people as well as plenty of standing room.
Location: #2 Mount Pleasant Drive, Camrose, Alberta, T4V 2L7
To see a map click here.
FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT LINE